Thursday, December 3, 2020

December class, gratitude, and connection.

 

Let's connect and get warm this Decembrrrrrrr...

Happy Holidays, Blessed Solstice, Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy Kwanzaa!


Thank you so much for supporting expandanceduring a year that was so difficult for so many of us. The theatre I work at has been dark since March, the studios I teach in closed, so teaching expandance for you all has been my primary creative focus and outlet. You showing up to class has helped me continue to be ''dancer Rachel'', when it felt like 36 years of commitment to dance was all suddenly for naught, so thank you. It has also helped me remain connected to my body, to my practice, and to you, my community. Even though I didn't get to choreograph the planned 2020 spring season this year, or teach Danceypants, I've taught more expandance classes than in any of the other 15 years of expandance prior. 

Now it's the holiday season, and even though this one is different than most, to say the least - one thing that stays important is connection. Connection with family and friends may be limited to Zoom calls for many of us, but connection within is always available, whenever we choose to take the time and listen. I hope you will continue to join me in class to connect within, move, stretch, create, release and restore, and connect with your #globalexpandancefamily! 

This month I am offering two donation based classes, and one extended workshop in which the extra time will give us an opportunity to go even deeper. Put these three classes in your calendar now! And remember to register for each class, so I have an idea of how best to tailor the class for YOU! And donate, because that's just nice. 


Friday December 11th
9:30am Pacific (5:30pm Ireland)

Friday December 18th
9:30am Pacific (5:30pm Ireland)

Both Friday classes this month are 1 hour and donation based ($5 - $25 suggested)

Saturday December 26th 
10am Pacific (6pm Ireland) 

Saturday 26th workshop is 1.5 hours and is a sliding scale of $15-$25 - please pay in advance 


* You must register for class to get the Zoom link. It takes 10 seconds - you'll just be asked to write in your name and e-mail address *

*** No dance experience required ***

You don't need much room to move, and you can come with body ''stuff'' / injuries / pregnant / tired etc. Everything is welcome. I have over a decade of facilitation experience and 20 years teaching dance under my belt. 

Donations and payments to:

Venmo / CashApp expandance
or https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/expandance
Thank you 

Friday classes are FREE for BIPOC and undocumented immigrants, regardless of what country you're currently in, and workshops are sliding scale.

December
2020
Sign up now!
REGISTER for Fri 11th
REGISTER for Fri 18th
REGISTER for Sat 26th 
FRIEND ON FACEBOOKFRIEND ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW ON INSTAGRAMFOLLOW ON INSTAGRAM
VISIT OUR BLOGVISIT OUR BLOG

No comments: