Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Danceypants this Thursday Dec 19th - last of the decade!


Feel like dancing? 

Danceypants is a monthly pop-up dance class where you'll learn new and retro dance moves to fun music in a welcoming atmosphere. The aim is that you feel safe enough to make mistakes and laugh about it, that you get a bit of a workout, and that you leave feeling uplifted.

THURSDAY DECEMBER 19TH 7-8PM

This month ***come in your Santa Hat, Hanukkah sweater etc! :D ***

PLEASE RSVP to rachel@expandance.com

WHERE: West County Martial Arts (down the hall, in the SoCo Aerial studio at the back)
7231 Healdsburg Avenue, Sebastopol, California
*** go in the side door by sukkhothai ***

HOW MUCH: $15-20

PayPal in advance (up to the day before) to rachel@expandance.com or on CashApp $ expandance
OR on the day in cash
*NO PAYPAL DAY OF*

Every time someone pays $20, $5 goes into our scholarship pot.

PARKING: There is free on street parking a block away, and Safeway parking lot is two blocks away

WHAT TO WEAR: Workout clothes / yoga clothes / sweat pants and sneakers - not jeans! Bring water and something to tie long hair back if you like

INTROVERTS: Scared of showing up to something where there are a bunch of people? ME TOO! That's right, your teacher is an introvert and totally gets it, which is why I aim to create a welcoming environment for everyone. I or my door person will personally welcome you, show you where you can put your stuff, and where the bathroom is, and answer any questions you may have in the moment.

HELP I AM A BEGINNER: No problemo, this class is open to beginners! It's a mixed level class; just come ready to sweat a bit :-)

CAN MY KIDS COME? Everyone over 18 is welcome

WHO ARE YOU? I'm Rachel, and I've been working as a dance artist for almost 20 years. I'm trained in classical, jazz and modern dance as well as others. I work professionally as a choreographer and dance teacher and have taught and performed around the world. I'm originally from Ireland, where I was awarded National Dance Awards for choreography and Artistic Development Awards from the Arts Council of Ireland. I currently live in Northern California. Danceypants is the absolute funnest class I teach, and I hope you'll join me for it.

No comments: