Thursday, December 2, 2010

Dancing in the snow!


With 8 inches of fresh snow outside this morning I decided to take 12 Steps and make the first footprints of the day.  I couldn't resist!

Things have slowed down a bit since last week's show at George Bernard Shaw Theatre and our workshop at Riverbank Arts Centre!  With the hills covered in snow and no hectic class planning, choreographing, or performances until after Christmas I had time in our Wicklow Studio to practice.  No pressure, no deadlines, just bringing it back to where we started in 2006, meditation, improvisation, ie. honest movement.

On Monday my first session in the studio was difficult in the sense that my mind wanted to continue to plan and create and my body was moving in a habitual way, doing movement that was familiar and comfortable.  By the end of the day on Tuesday, things had changed.  I was able to quiet my mind and my body moved in new uninhibited ways.  You'll see in the video that this pressure-free time in the studio is wielding results!

See the video on our Facebook group. 

- Alicia


No comments: